Monday, April 21, 2008

Graph

My next piece is all about koi fish. I love it when artists use graphs like the one in the picture in their work! Something about lines gets to me.... Look at Eric Rue's page for some examples. Anyway, I decided to incorporate these designs into my fish piece. Fish scales seem very mathematically organized to me, and something about them reminds me of graphs.... I just hope no one mistakes it for a fish net about to catch them all. I guess this idea is pushing it a little, but I think it's going well so far.

1 comment:

Matt Brooks said...

I dont think you are pushing this idea too far at all. It seems like something really cool!! I have never really thought of fish as mathematical until now. Good job of thinking of new ideas and creating interesting ways to look at things.