Monday, April 7, 2008

Last Pieces...

Down to two more pieces (well, for me only sort of) already... Yikes. One month does not seem like enough time.

I'm running short on ideas for the last two at the moment, but here's what I have.

1. Chickens picture. (Poor Marj and Evelyn... they sounded like awesome pets.) I want to do something less realistic, more conceptually abstract like the crows pic. I'm thinking of light colors for the background, and exaggerating the colors in the feathers.

2. Hmm.. Any ideas? I'm not even sure what animal to do. One tentative idea I had was doing a very loose, abstract-ish painting of my parakeets... but I don't want to over do it on the birds, so I'm not sure. Thoughts on a good animal to do? Maybe llamas, they are great portrature subjects. The painting is by Kellee Beaudry, isn't it cool?

1 comment:

LHS AP 2-D said...

Shelby- It would be very sweet to do something with the chickens but you don't have to. I love the Llama idea. Too bad the people who had llamas right by LHS moved. I wouldn't worry about overdoing birds, I think something loose of the parakeets would be a great idea. What about fish? Salmon, Koi?