Thursday, November 29, 2007

What to do

So, I'm really having problems with this piece. I really just have no idea what to do with it, and I'm not a big fan of the way it is now.

I'm not sure what I should do with the background. I can't decide if I want to leave it like this, or if a more solid background would go better with the way I painted the dog.

Also, I was originally planning to add color to this with acrylic glazing, but it turned out really close to the natural colors of the dog anyway. Should I leave it the way it is, or go ahead and add the color?

Overall I am having a very slow start. Hopefully this will go more smoothly in the future!

2 comments:

Matt Brooks said...

I have been watching your progress on this piece ever since it was just a drawing on canvas (don't think I'm creepy or anything!). I knew it was going to turn out great and it has. In my opinion, the background works well because its the same style you painted the dog, with loose brushstrokes. If you decide to change it then I don't think you should make it any darker because the dog wouldn't stand out as much. But I like it the way it is :)

LHS AP 2-D said...

Shelby-

Dylan and I think you need to make the background blue. It will compliment the dogs colors.

Ms. McB & Dylan